Gretchen Lord Anderson
- Being Stretched by Faith Traditions
- A Presbyterian minister, she served as associate director of the Wisconsin Council of Churches and press secretary to the late Governor Mickelson of South Dakota.
- Photo in Incarnated Awe, Purple Pleas for Peace, and peace dove in Peacemaking
- Love of God’s creation led him to a world of art in photography and painting. La Crosse, Wisconsin is a perfect place to nurture his creativity.
Stephen Wentworth Arndt, Ph.D.
- Annunciation, Beatitudes, O Christ, Unite the Nations, The Worker is Worth Her Wages, and Unity
- An educator and linguist, he has published in journals such as The International Philosophical Quarterly and The American Catholic Philosophical Quarterly.
- Harvest Joy in Children
- A new mother to Tyler, she also enjoys working at Van Lanen Printing in Green Bay, Wisconsin, overseeing major advertising jobs.
Pat Bergen, CSJ
- Come Holy Spirit
- A Sister of St. Joseph, she has a particular gift of “breaking open” the scriptures and bringing them to life in everyday relationships.
- Art pieces in A Great Light, Blessed Are the Peacemakers, and Coming of Peace.
- An oil painter known for her nurturing, large figures, her work is shown in art galleries and museums and is distributed worldwide.
Mary Bodde, SC
- College Students
- A Sister of Charity of Cincinnati, Ohio, her ministries included teaching, formation, and administration in her community; development, and campus ministry.
Julie Y. Brockbank
- A Store of Marvels and A Voice in Nature
- A employee of the Servants of Mary, she is self-taught, working primarily in oils. Her art is available at Designs by Dawn in Holcombe, Wisconsin.
- Soul Woman
- She is codirector of Visitation Rural Ministries, providing spiritual enrichment programs and personal development for women in rural Wisconsin.
Sarah M. Bush (1916-2006)
- God’s Christmas Trees
- A published poet, amazing English teacher, mentor, and friend to students, teachers, and her community, she was poet laureate in The Delta Kappa Gamma Society International.
- Conscientious Objectors
- Coordinator of AFSC’s Youth and Militarism Program, he is involved in human and civil rights discussions related to peace activism.
Damian M. Charboneau, OSM
- Detachment: A Key Component of Spiritual Growth and Embodying Presence
- A Friar Servant of Mary and member of the Servite Coalition for Justice, he has written and lectured on the Catholic Church’s social teachings.
- Earth Refuge and Seeking
- A German immigrant and retired language teacher, she enjoys writing, including Echoes from a Girlhood in Germany Under National Socialism.
- Sing Praises
- A Ladysmith, Wisconsin, retired nurse and county coroner, she and husband Vern (retired from Soo Railroad) enjoy seeing U.S. with camera handy.
- Greg Mortenson
- At Viterbo University, she teaches History of the Holocaust, leads Holocaust Educator Workshops, and helps bring Holocaust survivors and humanitarians for presentations.
- We Are All One Body
- Formerly a chaplain, he is one of 26 SOA protesters convicted for trespassing at SOA Watch’s protest in 2000 and again in 2003.
- Mary, Mary Quite Contrary
- Housebound and hindered physically with Multiple Chemical Sensitivity, the illness helped Mary grow stronger emotionally, mentally, and spiritually.
Amy Theresa Dallas
- Dancing a Harvest Blessing, Encircled by the Arms of God and Speaking Wisdom
- A creator of original tile designs, she is influenced by travels, interest in female divinity, and simple Matisse and Picasso’s line drawings.
Nieves de la Rosa, CSA
- A God Who Liberates
- Prior to her death, she was the first full-time Justice Coordinator for the Sisters of St. Agnes and active in actions to affect systemic change.
Sandra DeGidio, OSM
- Several pieces in Faith Reflections, Rituals, and Spirituality and Art sections
- A free-lance writer, lecturer, and consultant who has authored eight books and over 100 articles, Sandra is also a spiritual director.
Stella DeVenuta, OSF
- Autumn’s Grace, Being Astonished and Harvest Beauty
- A Sister of St. Francis of Assisi, she has ministered in Art Education, vocation ministry, campus ministry; now serving disenfranchised women in Milwaukee by doing art and spirituality.
Helen Doremus, OSM
- New Beginnings
- Now sharing her talents as a volunteer, she ministered at Misericordia and was honored for her ecumenical efforts, especially towards the Jewish community.