This subsection offers information about a variety of travel experiences such as delegations, immersion experiences, freedom rides, and so on. They provide enriching ways of learning about others, history, social and political issues, and more.
Such experiences deepen one’s sense of interconnection with others and with all of creation, as well as invite spiritual growth and conversion.
- Border Awareness Experiences — Learn about Mexican culture, the border, and immigration issues. Sponsor: Women’s Intercultural Center.
- Christian Peacemaker Teams — Delegations to various conflict zones.
- Cristo Rey Border Immersion Experiences — Experiential learning and cultural immersion at the El Paso /Juarez international border. Sponsor: Iglesia Luterana Cristo Rey, an ELCA congregation.
- GATE (Global Awareness Through Experience) — Offers a spirituality of solidarity. Offers cultural immersion programs, pilgrimage retreats, and women’s spiritual quests in Latin America, and Eastern Europe. Sponsors: FSPA.
- Global Exchange Reality Tours — Hands-on opportunities to explore the crucial issues facing the world and examine how the U.S.’s economic and foreign policies impact other countries.
- International Institute for Peace through Tourism — Facilitates tourism initiatives that foster international understanding and cooperation, quality of environment, preservation of heritage, and a peaceful and sustainable world.
- Moving Ecuador –Independent information and responsible travel ideas for Ecuador.
- Wisconsin Coordinating Council on Nicaragua (WCCN) –Study tours to learn firsthand about the history, politics, culture and social issues in Nicaragua.
- Witness for Peace — Socially Responsible Travel to witness life in Caribbean and Latin America. Trips combine international travel and education with struggle for peace, economic justice, and sustainable development.