This section draws attention to key “Action Alerts” connected with Social Justice Issues. Active citizenship is encouraged.
- Tell Congress: Feed our children!
- Act to end preventable deaths of moms and babies.
- Urge Godiva to purchase cocoa beans made without child labor.
- For the well-being of children, invest in a fossil fuel free future.
- Tell Abbott, Mead Johnson, and Nestlé: No GMOs (genetically modified organisms)in baby formula.
Disarmament and Peacemaking
- Press your senators to support and cosponsor S. 525, the Food for Peace Reform Act of 2015.
- Tell Congress to end the Gaza blockade and promote a lasting peace.
- Press your elected officials to oppose dirty tricks on defense spending.
- Evaluate U.S. income tax priorities: “Where Do Our Income Tax Dollars Go?”
- Press Congress to treat refugees with respect, compassion, openness—not prejudice and fear.
- Act Now! Our broken immigration system is tearing families apart.
- Urge real immigration reform NOW!
- Reflect on the public statement of LCWR and CMSM on immigration reform.
- Ensure that torture is never again used by U.S.
- Learn about the irrational race bias of the criminal justice and prison systems.
- Support the 11 X 15 Campaign for Justice for safer, healthier communities in Wisconsin.
- Urge your representative to support women in the FY 2016 budget.
- Make sure domestic abusers can’t buy guns.
- Take action against human trafficking.